Home Mission is all about helping Baptist churches and individuals to reach their mission potential and bring the love of God to their communities.
- Provides grants to over 200 local churches which provisions church planting, renewing of local churches and enabling mission projects. Through Home Mission hundreds of lives have been affected and many have found faith in Jesus.
- Equips Regional Associations, who are engaged in missional development in the area, supporting new initiatives and churches and supporting the on-going work of churches and their ministers and families. We are part of the Eastern Baptist Association. (see below)
- Enables three specialist teams to resource churches in their work through legal, ministries and missional support. In addition, representing the mission of God in national ways such as engaging with Government, speaking out on matters of faith and developing national mission initiatives.
Eastern Baptist Association
The Eastern Baptist Association (EBA) has as its members the 176 Baptist Union churches in the counties of Cambridgeshire, Essex, Norfolk and Suffolk. This covers some 8,000 square miles and ranges from the heavily populated areas of South Essex to the wide open spaces of the North Norfolk coast. The churches vary in their size and style, but all are committed to their communities and the gospel of Christ.
The Association is served by three Regional Ministers and three part-time administrative staff:
- North Sector and Team Leader: Revd Beth Powney
- Central Sector: Revd Simon Goddard
- South Sector: Revd Nick Lear
- EBA Secretary: Mrs Hayley Beckett
The EBA vision is “to see the kingdom of God come in the East of England though healthy churches, living as wholesome communities, and engaging in effective mission”.
For further information on Home Mission click here